Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time approx. 5 working days
- Order number: 245
- Start making your own real Bulgarian yogurt now! It is super easy to make yogurt using this yogurt starter. It is an authentic Bulgarian heirloom yogurt starter made with naturally sourced lactic acid cultures, isolated from natural sources in ecologically preserved areas in Bulgaria. It is produced and packed in Bulgaria.
- Delivery includes 3 sachets, each containing 2 grams of starter for a total quantity of at least 12 litres Bulgarian yogurt.
- Our Bulgarian yogurt starter makes genuine Bulgarian yogurt (kiselo mlyako) of exceptional quality with classic Bulgarian yogurt taste, thickness, acidity and aroma. The yogurt is thick and creamy in nature and has an impeccable taste with just the perfect balance between being mild and tart. It is unlike any other yogurt you’ve ever tried.
- Each pack contains freeze-dried live active lactic acid yogurt starter cultures. 1 gram of starter contains more than 25 billion cfu of lactic acid probiotic bacteria strains lactobacillus bulgaricus and streptococcus thermophilus. Since the bacteria are grown on organic dried milk powder, the pack also contains a very small quantity of dried organic milk powder, which is completely consumed by the bacteria during fermentation. The resulting yogurt is completely lactose free if made with dairy milk and completely dairy-free if made with dairy-free milk.
- You can make your own yogurt with or without the help of an yogurt maker. Heat 1 liter of long-life milk to 43° C. Add 1/4 of the starter cultures from the sachet. Mix well. Stir for a good minute (do not use a mixer, stir by hand). If you used more than one container, distribute the pack’s contents evenly in respect to their volumes. Keep the containers warm so they can maintain the temperature. The fresh yogurt will set in about 6-8 hours.
- Important note: Bacillus Bulgaricus yogurt starter needs to be kept in a cold dry place. Your fridge or freezer works best for this. You can store the packs in your freezer, at around 0°F (-18°C) or lower, for up to two years. You can store the packs in your fridge, at around 40°F (4°C), for about 6 months. Avoid keeping the packs at room temperature for prolonged periods of time as it will decrease the activity of the lactic acid bacteria in it. Unfreezing the starter and freezing it again (even more than once) is ok. Transporting the packs will not damage the live culture inside -- we use a freeze-dried process that keeps it alive even during long trips at ambient temperatures. Once you receive your packs, pop them in the freezer quickly for best storage conditions.
Nutrition Facts (average ingredients in 2g)
Energy (in kj): 29
Energy (in kcal): 7
Fat: 0,0g - thereof saturated fatty acids: 0,0g
Carbohydrates: 1g - thereof sugar: 0g
Ist gute Starter, habe gleich mit Milch gemacht und heimatgefühle gekriegt!!!!
Ein cremiger Traum!
Der echte Joghurt wie man ihn von früher kennt ist richtig cremig, aber auch etwas saurer und kräftiger im Geschmack als der typische Fertigjoghurt von heute. Sehr lecker!