These cookies are necessary for the basic functions of the shop.
"Allow all cookies" cookie
"Decline all cookies" cookie
These cookies are used to make the shopping experience even more appealing, for example for the recognition of the visitor.
Statistics & Tracking
Google Tag Manager
Track device being used
€16.99 * €19.99 * (15.01% Saved)
Content: 12 Gramm (€1.42 * / 1 Gramm)
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Order number: 263
Start making your own real sourdough! It is super easy to make sourdough with our starter... more
Product information "Sourdough Starter Culture for real Sourdough"
- Start making your own real sourdough! It is super easy to make sourdough with our starter cultures. Bacillus Bulgaricus Sourdough Starter makes an amazing sourdough bread of exceptional quality with great sourdough flavor, texture and taste.
- Sourdough contains a vital biocoenosis of bacteria and yeast, which man has used for thousands of years to produce cereal flat bread and bread. Sourdough is particularly tasty because the metabolic products of its microorganisms significantly improve the dough: it becomes looser, more digestible, more aromatic, and the finished bread stays fresh much longer.
- Our Sourdough Starter is super easy to activate, ferments quickly and is no trouble to maintain. It helps your sourdough rise fast and is very consistent and reliable.
- Delivery includes 2 sachets, each containing 6 grams of starter for one sourdough. The starter is organic and fully natural with no preservatives, additives, artificial colors or flavors. It contains no GMO ingredients and it is gluten free.
- Ingredients: Live active lactic acid cultures (incl. Lactobacillus brevis, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus bulgaricus), yeasts (incl. Saccharomyces Boulardii)
1 gram of starter contains more than 30 billion cfu of lactic acid probiotic bacteria strains. 100% potency guaranteed.
- Bacillus Bulgaricus Sourdough Starter is different than the other sourdough starters available on the market. It contains colonies of lactic acid bacteria isolated from natural sources in ecologically preserved areas in Bulgaria including the famous Lactobacillus Bulgaricus.
- The starter activates very quickly – because of the live active cultures and yeasts in it, it is ready to bake in as little as 1-2 hours after you feed it for the first time. You can of course feed it and let it ferment for as long as you need before you start using it, as you would do with your regular sourdough starter. Your stater will be ready to use when it becomes bubbly and doubles in size. Once activated, you can use it any time, without having to wait a certain period of time after feeding it. It’s full of beneficial colonies of lactic acid cultures and yeast strains, which keep it active and ready to bake for a long time.
- The starter is very sturdy and forgiving which makes it a great no-fuss, reliable and stable go-to sourdough starter for everyday use that is easy to keep going for as long as you need it. You should feed it regularly but if you forget, that’s ok — it can survive without feeding for long periods of time, either in the fridge or at room temperature. So if you ever forget to feed it, or go away for longer periods of time, it would be just fine on its own. And if you ever need to start fresh, or bring it back to life, simply add some more starter to it, or quickly start a brand new fresh batch.
- Our Sourdough Starter gives the dough a reliable fast, strong and steady rise during proofing and it produces an excellent oven spring, yielding a superb sourdough bread with lots of air pockets, great open crumb, nice crust, just the perfect texture, and heavenly taste.
- This starter is not intended to replace the one you have been nurturing for many years at home. Its purpose is to give you an easy to use alternative, which you can use every time when you need to make a sourdough bread from scratch, even when in a hurry. It will also provide your sourdough with a boost of healthy gut-friendly natural lactic acid cultures that are generally not found in your local environment, like the famous Lactobacillus Bulgaricus strain. So even if you have your very own, years-old mature sourdough starter, get this one and use it whenever you don’t have time for a full several-days sourdough making cycle. Or for when don’t want to wait your own starter to activate after being in the fridge for too long. Or simply use it to top up and liven up your old sourdough starter with a boost of gut-friendly microbes.
- Bacillus Bulgaricus Sourdough Starter is a quickly fermenting and fast acting starter, but it by no means sacrifices on flavor. The starter contains a unique combination of lactic acid strains and yeasts that will make your bread taste heavenly and have all the healthy benefits of sourdough bread. From a health standpoint, the bread made with this sourdough starter is superior to other loaves. Not only the lactic acid bacteria and the fermentation help to break down the gluten, making it more digestible and easy for the body to absorb but it also boosts the natural occurring acids with colonies of gut-healthy strains, like the famed Lactobacillus Bulgaricus. It makes sourdough bread with excellent flavor even with minimal maturation.
- We know that sourdough is all about flavor and taste and that they naturally develop with slower rise and matured starters. That is why if you are into artisan baking and prefer to do a long fermentation, proofing, and slow rise in order to get that characteristic sourdough flavor and texture, you can nurture this starter for as long as you want to create a well-developed mature starter. Then give your dough all the time you want to rise and develop its flavors for a slow rise and classic sourdough bake. Just keep in mind that because of the added colonies of lactic acid cultures, the starter has a relatively quick proofing and fermentation time so make sure you account for this during your proofing and fermentation routine.
- This starter will also help introduce colonies of beneficial lactic acid bacteria like l.bulgaricus, which you cannot naturally grow (unless your geographical location is in the vicinity of Bulgaria) and by using this starter, or adding the starter mix into your starter, will simply enrich the healthy gut microbe fauna and contribute to the nutritional benefits of your own starter.
- It is universal, which means if can be used with any flour – AP, bread, whole, rye, spelt, even specialty flours. So there is no limit of the type of sourdough bread you can make with it.
- It is made with naturally sourced yeasts strains and lactic acid cultures, isolated from natural sources in ecologically preserved areas in Bulgaria. The colonies of friendly microbes will happily proliferate in your activated and live starter and will boost it’s natural local microbiome, providing the additional goodness and health benefits of Lactobacillus Bulgaricus for a healthy gut.
- Storage: Store in REFRIGERATOR. DO NOT FREEZE. Use the entire pack at once, do not split its contents.
Nutrition Facts (average ingredients in 6g)
Energy (in kj): 43,9
Energy (in kcal): 10,5
Fat: 0,0g (thereof saturated fatty acids: 0,0g)
Carbohydrates: 1,5g (thereof sugar: 0g)
Ginseng Kombucha Drink for 3 Liter (350g...
Content 0.35 Kilogramm (€62.83 * / 1 Kilogramm)
€21.99 * €31.99 *
Organic Ginger Root Drink for 2 Liter (With 60g...
Content 60 Gramm (€0.58 * / 1 Gramm)
€34.99 * €44.99 *
Organic Water Kefir Drink for 2 Liter (With 60g...
Content 60 Gramm (€0.53 * / 1 Gramm)
€31.99 * €42.99 *